June 22, 2010

Sweet Waves in the Gulf

Well, as expected the Nor Easter did bring some fun times to the Hauraki Gulf over the weekend, and local paddlers made the most of it!

Here are a couple of photos from the Eastsiders who completed the Glendowie to Akorana.


Thankfully the swell hung around till Sunday afternoon when my crew hit the water. In fact the change in wind tidied up the swell and made for some super glassy conditions down at Taka. Alan, Bruce, Logan, Richard and myself had a ball down there catching some waves and hooting the whole time, I was guted I didn't have a camera to get a some photos - next time :-)

And Congratulations to everyon who completed Montys Revenge down at Whakatane. I heard that it was a pretty tuff paddle against the tide and the wind. A massive pat on the back to Tim Grammer, who not only took the "Veteran" title but crossed the line well over 4 minutes ahead of fellow paddler Travis Mitchell.



1 comment: